They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Life and Death

Some say death is a part of living. When a loved one has to face dieing they don't want to face it alone. We are with them because we ourselves hope that we're not alone if we have to face death someday.

However, some of us may face death alone. Its a very real possibility. Separated from human contact. Nobody hold our hand or hugging us. Or telling us something meaningful about our lives.

Jesus bore our sins on the cross alone without human contact while he died. His mother and family were there, but couldn't offer any comfort.

There is a way that we'll never have to face death alone. Even if no one else is around. If we accept Jesus into our lives he will always be there for us even when we die.

Sure there is death in life. Jesus was the only one who brought life in death. Because of his death we may have life.

No comments:

Post a Comment