They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Monday, April 5, 2010

Right Where You Are

God accepts you right where you are in life. He doesn't sit back and wait for you to become a bible scholar, or a minister, or an evangelist.

He doesn't care if you're a doctor, or a tax collector, or a fisherman, or a carpenter.

He doesn't care if you've been to church or go to church or never believed in him.

He doesn't care if your a murderer or a do good er. He doesn't care if your divorced or have someone else s child.

It doesn't mater where you've been or what you've done. God loves you the same right where you are. There is nothing that you've done, and there is nothing that you can do to make him love you more and nothing you can do to make him love you less.

He doesn't want to control you. As some would have you believe. He gave you the gift of free will. A line that he would never cross. He has allowed us to choose.

He has created everything in the universe and there is a natural order of everything. He knows that in that natural order there is a way that leads to death. It only happens if we make wrong choices. One of those choices is whether or not to let Jesus into our lives. NOT to run our lives, but to help guide us to make the right decisions. If we fall into the path of making the wrong decisions things may not go well for us.

If you do something and it doesn't come from your heart its as though you never did it. If you give money to the poor, is it because you feel guilty or do you give it because it is whats right?

Life is never easy whichever way you decide. But know this, we WILL have to decide.
If you die tomorrow with out letting Jesus into your life, then your decision was made. What evil could it be to follow Jesus?

Why do you suppose I share these things with people? Do you think its a requirement? I wont go to hell if I don't tell you. So, why do I?

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment