They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Barn Daze


Sitting against the barn with my butt cushioned on top a clump of dried weeds and the sky nearly still with the occasional wisp of air pressing against my face and brushing away the gentle heat of sunshine that kindly warms my face. The air feels clean nearing 63°. I can almost hear nothing. I see the barren like lands that are starting to show the grasses filling in the open spaces that were once snow covered. The apple orchard just beyond the field are still sparse waiting for the coming buds that will soon fill the limbs with its foliage. I see a ground squirrel sifting through small patches of brushy knowles looking for bits of nutty seeds. The smell in the air comes up from the ravine of ceders behind the barn wafting scents of evergreen pines and hemlock. I love to feel how the day really is before I mutter up my mind and fill it with the riggers of energy that steal me away from the outdoors. I sit here slouching against this barn wood wall firmly feeling it supporting my position as I nearly dose off until the achy hardwood reminds me that I must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment