They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Does it Really Matter?


What matters? What in this world Really matters?

Paying my bills matters. Washing my car and going to work matters. What ever I do matters.

Take out anything having to do with money. Do people without money matter to you? Should they? Do you matter to other people if you don't have money? You should. Why?

Do we unknowingly put a monetary value on someones life based on their economic status? And if someone doesn't have anything of value do we consider them not valuable? How about your value to them. If your a person of wealth how will you know that they don't put a value on you because of your money?

Some of us have gone through some monetary lessons in life. Finding out that a lot of people only care about money and "what can they do to get more of it" seems to be the motto that they live by. Driven by money.

Some are driven by success and money just comes with the territory. I would say in my experience that few are simply driven by matters of the heart.

To me, the two of these have quite of few relationships, both money and the heart. Both can change the world. Using money people put systems in place in order to accomplish a goal. So many are motivated by money that its easy to find followers for a project to be completed if they can be payed to do it. Or finding people to volunteer with their heart for a cause that makes sense to them. Both of these require an investment of time.

Why is there an inherent value of a persons life? Life is very precious to all of us. Do we simply exist to find enjoyment in our lives? We don't have to enjoy ourselves, but it's a nice thing along the journey.

Bottom line is you have to eat to do anything. Would it fair to say we have to take care of our physical needs before we take care of our monetary needs? Or would say we take care of our monetary needs first?

What takes care of your spiritual needs? Is it our friends or a companion?

Think in life that; Where you put your money is where your heart is. And where you put heart is where your money is. So, your money can dictate where you put heart and your heart can dictate where you put your money.

Consider the Apostle Paul and his life. Before he was the apostle Paul his name was Saul, a Pharisee, a Jewish Roman citizen. He was a highly educated leader in the Jewish faith.

He counted all of his status worth nothing and he gave all that he had because of the commission he had been given from Jesus. Because people matter.

Isn't ironic that the people in the world believe that Christians are a bunch of deceived people. That they are people that believe in a book of untruths. But yet they are some of the best and honest and giving people in the world.

Why is it that people the "are" reading books of evil aren't out and about trying to save the world?

We that truly believe in God's word "The Holy Book" have are hearts beating for God and beating for people. We don't want their ultimate destruction. We care about their hearts. We care about their lives. We don't want their money as some would have them believe.

You matter to God, your life has value, and your life matters.

Paul Writes in Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Paul Writes in 1 Corinthians 10:33
For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment