They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What friends do


I wrote about my longtime friend Lorri in an earlier post. She's the widow of my other longtime friend.

She writes;
Hi, Buzz. Thanks for the site you sent. Sounds like a wonderful church you go to. I'm glad you have found your peace. I still struggle, but remember, even years ago, in school, we Believed in the Word, it stays with us, but please pray for me to get through these empty days. I miss Andy so much, It's better now, than at... the loss, but, I do struggle, I wish to be happy again. I haven't since he died. and I pray, to be happy again. God bless my friend..

I wrote back;
Lorri my friend, I know your loss is great. David(relative)is struggling with this grief too. I think you and the whole family will be dealing with this loss the rest of our lives. Just know that my thoughts are with all of you. You're daily on my mind. Do not give in to the sorrow. It can consume. Let those ones around you love you. And cherish them right back. I know you will anyway. The time I have left here on the earth I take very seriously. My own son and his situation will never let me forget just how precious and short life is even if we live beyond 70 years.
Philippians 2
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

I am a very lucky person to have a christian friend like Lorri. How many people out there don't have a friend. Give your friendship to someone. Be a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment