They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Monday, April 12, 2010

Balloon Maker


A very good person invented the balloon. He added helium and then colors. He sees how wonderful and good they are. They may bring joy to people. He then takes them out into the world hoping that people would see how much joy happiness they can bring.
A person went up to the balloon maker and asked; "how much for one of those things?" The Maker replied ; "they're not for sale" as he held one of the balloons out for the person to grab. Then the person extended his hand to received the balloon. The person was happy. He then took the balloon home to share it with his children and family.

This kind of event took place time after time and day after day. Until some of the people who had received balloons started sharing the balloons, that the Balloon Maker had entrusted them with, to pass out to more people on their own. Sharing this joy that they had found with everyone.

Now in time other people, simply ignored anyone passing out the balloons. Some people who had been given balloons, popped them, and let the air out of them, or just let go of them. And some people sold them for monetary gain.

None of these actions were intended by the balloon maker. He simply wanted to offer people something to bring joy into their lives. Where as others were content with destructive actions for their own enjoyment and could never truly see the beauty in them that the Balloon Maker had intended.

Consider the possibilities. Give yourself a chance to consider how your life will end without God. Will your short life here on the earth be enough for you?

You have been offered the truth.

Read God's word. But before you do, ask him, if you are real reveal yourself to me. It is the honest action you give toward his direction that will give you those answers.

If you deny God exists it doesn't mean that he doesn't. Find the answers yourself. But at least look. You have to invoke your own will by doing it. He will not force himself to you. He is holding the balloon out for you to take. Take Jesus into your lives.

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment