They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Telling The Story


You now how people repeat some stories that they've heard and over time details of the story became skewed. Details were left out or added changing the whole intended meaning of the story.

I have done this very thing knowingly and unknowingly. Simply because I didn't take the time to remember it completely or correctly.

I try very hard to repeat a story as exactly as I can. Not leaving out any of the details even the tiniest ones that may play a part in the whole story. Some people perceive these details as meaningless.

I am no detective but, I have seen tiny details bring about big meanings over time. So I am about the details.

Some people are so impatient that they don't want to hear all the details or if they've been made to hear the entire story, only at the end they understand how important the small details were.

These same impatient people can also tell a good detailed story while expecting us to be patient for all of those details.

I am a patient listener. But my thought processes are deep. When someone is telling a story, especially a factual one I begin, and have to monitor myself, to analyze the possibilities, looking for conflicting facts, finishing the sentences, or prematurely drawing conclusions while I am listening. I have to continually focus on the exact story while all of this is processing.

There are people that, while they are telling a story, and find that they have to stick in their own excerpts all along the way, I find this most annoying. It pulls me back and forth in and out of the facts and taints the entire effect of the orderly details. Kind of like someone talking all the way through a movie. Please tell me the complete story, then we can review it and put in our excerpts.

This is one reason for a justice (government) system that most of the world lives by, they have to sift through all the crap stories just to get all the facts and try to assemble them into one big picture of factual orderly content.

People throughout history have been known for these fallible story tellers. We have learned that even in ancient times the government employed people called "scribes, secretaries, and recorders". To be a scribe, you had to be highly educated and of good standing among the people. These scribes lived around various communities recording all important events of the day. If you think illiteracy is a problem today, literate people back then were few. Studies do show that people back then carried a high intelligence. People were as intelligent as today's doctors lawyers and professors to name a few.

The ancient governments relied on accurate details and information from their scribes. Death was the punishment for published lies. And the scribes knew this well for they're task was to accurately record history.

Jeremiah 36
in the Holy Bible describes an incident involving a scribe.
Exodus 6:16
These were the names of the sons of Levi according to their records: Gershon, Kohath and Merari. Levi lived 137 years.
Numbers 33:2
At the LORD's command Moses recorded the stages in their journey. It's even a record in Egyptian history that Moses was very intelligent and educated.

So you see that the Holy Bible really is a record of history and is regarded by scholars as highly accurate.

When Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave, is an accurate government record of history. It did happen. And all the words he taught are true. Study them for yourself. See the truth with your own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment