They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Separation From God


What is sin? Sin is anything that "causes" us separation from God? Sin is not a plot to commit evil.

It is the nature of our fleshly being. "Human" nature as some call it.

There is a "divine nature" that we can only know through our spirits. The divine nature is of God and the nature of God. What is true and right and good.

Sin causes spiritual decay. And eventually death. Apparently the only way to extinguish spiritual death is to incinerate it for eternity.

If a Super Nova occurs, its because of the natural forces that cause it to happen. That's how it is with sin. Sin leads to the natural "spiritual nova" death.

God knows this. He doesn't want that to happen to us. Because he loves us all.
He has made the provision for us to avoid this death. But its our choice.

Its like telling a child; "don't put your finger in the fan". Its gonna hurt. They try to imagine what it would feel like so they do it anyway. Some don't, they listen and do the right thing. Trusting what they've been taught by the parents who love them.

The same way God loves you. He wants you to do whats right so you wont get hurt.

The one thing that is out of Gods hands is your freedom to choose. A gift he gave to everyone and everything.

1 Peter 1:14
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment