They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pay Some Respect


Why do we go to a grave when someone is dead? To visit the memory of them?
I have never felt compelled to go to any of my grandparents, or any of my relatives, or many of my friends grave sites. I've been back to some of these, but I never felt like they were even there. Just their hair bones and clothes.

A friend of mine died a little over a year ago. We grew up together between ages 8 through 18. We worked together some later in life. We fished and hunted together. I remember the effect that his life had on mine. And still does. Nothing profound. He was a genuine person. A good man. An honest hardworking man. I don't think he was the kind of person to work hard just because he needed a paycheck.

Much of the time that we worked together we were employed by his family. Some of the nicest people on the earth. The nicest people that anyone could meet. He could have worked less because these people wouldn't have fired him for any reason. But he worked hard none the less. I like working hard too. Mostly because I like to feel like I really accomplished something in a short amount of time. Because time always seems so very short to me.

Time is short. Andy my friend is gone. I sure do miss that guy.

His wife dropped me a note the other day. She seemed to be doing alright. This was the second man in her young life that she lost prematurely. HE was another friend of mine. And she too is a very very good person. Never bothering anyone. She and I grew up together too. We all had a lot of the same friends.

Time is short. The memories of these people are as alive in my heart right now as they were when we were all together. I don't need to go to a grave to remember someone.

God help me to remember these people and the effect they all have on my life. Because they all matter to you. Their lives all have value because they add value to every ones life. Let us all be thankful for the people in our lives.

"The finger prints will never fade from the lives we touch."

No comments:

Post a Comment