They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Buzz God God Buzz

I met Jesus through a friend.

No lows in my life. I wasn't depressed or even looking for God. I was on top of the world. Great friends, good people, new and exciting life. I wasn't looking for God at all.

I was not the kind of person that could or would deny the truth. If it came to me somehow I excepted it. If I did someone wrong and they pointed me out, if it was the truth, I excepted the responsibility for it. However, I was not Mr. Righteousness. I lived in a gray world that for me was filled with the hope of what the future had for me and I was willingly to embraced it if it whenever it came along.

One day a friend came to me after he had a long bout of sorts with a drug that he used on occasion. He said God spoke to him for many many hours even after the effects of the drug had worn off. Then for days he considered this a vision and knew somehow that it was from God. So he researched to find the answers to questions that came to him through this vision. Having never read the bible before, he started reading a King James version bible that his grandmother left him after her death.

In his vision God never actually gave him all the answers that he had questions for. But God gave him enough in the vision to cause him to pursue the answers.

He read the bible for days and discovered that he didn't understand anything that it was saying. He said it felt like something was blocking his perception. So he called a friend and asked this friend to ask his mother (who was a christian) what he should do to try to understand the bible. She told him to pray in his heart to God and for God to reveal the words to him. That is exactly what he did.

My friend said that after praying, it was as if a cloud lifted out of his mind and he could understand a lot more than he could before.

So---continued tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment