They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Monday, April 26, 2010

Measuring Up

How you know what you're worth? When I decided to go into the field that work in, I didn't like that after my performance reviews my fellow coworkers would always ask me; "what did they give you" meaning how much of a raise did you get? I never wanted to know what other people got and I didn't want to tell them what I got.

People like to draw comparisons. They want to know about themselves and not how much you got. Or they want to see if the company is being fair.

There will always be someone better than me at my job and I will always be better in some ways than others. I will not gauge my performance by someone else's raise or lack of it. If feel that my raise wasn't enough (which I have only done once in my life) then I will tell them. It is up to them on how they need to handle all of the employees. And I have to trust that they are being fair to me and my family.

Know what your employers expectations are and exceed them wholeheartedly. And you'll never have to try to measure up to someone else.

Matthew 20:11-13

When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner.'These men who were hired last worked only one hour,' they said, 'and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.'

"But he answered one of them, 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius?

1 comment: