They say when you pray to God, go to your alone place. So I went and this is what i saw.
This place was over an hour hike from my car. I put my bible in my pack along with some water. I went there for the sole purpose of spending time in prayer with God. I expected nothing but a view that might remind of the greatness of God. I was just sitting down when this site appeared. I wondered about what I was seeing. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought. The longer I remained in prayer the closer the sun came. After I had finished I stood to my feet and as I collected myself for the journey back the sun spot just disappeared. Maybe this was just a gift for me.
For a perspective, the pine tree next to the trail is 25 ft high. The hill I'm standing on is 165 ft above the water level. The sun spot stayed for over 25 minits coming closer to shore the longer it stayed.

LeadingSmart

EnterMission - Rob Wegner

Friday, April 30, 2010

Buzz God God Buzz3

Continued from yesterday;
So we prayed that very prayer together. I said; "well i guess thats it." and he said; "yea thats it." I think we went to the bar or something like that to celebrate.

Some days after that I think I was sitting on the couch watching The Love Boat, I noticed......Pause; ok, lets give my friend a name. Mark. Mark is his name. Unpause;
noticed that Mark was still reading that bible.

I said; "what are you doing? Reading that bible?" Like watching the love boat was way better than reading a book. He said; "yea,I just want to look up some things I still had some question about."

So my friend Mark continued to read. And one by one all of our friends excepted Jesus as Lord and Savior into their lives. They new that they could trust us to tell them the truth so they believed.

It wasn't long after that that we started having Bible Studies. 10 of us or more at the bible study. We were studying Gods word drinking beer and some were passing joints around. We had a great time learning all of this new stuff together.

None of us read the same bible, but we were loving life. God was good to us. We could feel his presents and some said they felt his power. We learned to pray. We prayed together for hours sometimes.

There became a core group of four of us. And what happen next turned our lives right side up.

More tomorrow everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment